Lectures and Workshops
The Maddie’s® Shelter Medicine Program offers educational lectures and workshops to animal shelters. Lectures and workshops address medical or behavior issues.
Shelter Medical Lectures/Workshops
- Half-day (4 hour) Workshop
- Full-day (8 hour) Workshop
Listed below are the lectures offered regarding medical/physical wellness in the shelter. Shelters can request any combination of the lectures to be presented at their workshop. Estimated times for each presentation are listed so that you can plan your half-day (4 hours) or full-day (8 hours) workshop.
- Feline Respiratory Complex - causes, treatment and prevention (1.5 hrs)
- Canine Respiratory Complex - causes, treatment and prevention (1 hr)
- Identification & Management of Infectious Disease - such as parasitic diseases, parvovirus, distemper and ringworm (1hr for each topic)
- Infectious Disease Risks to Staff, Volunteers & the Public (1.5 hrs)
- Investigation and Management of Outbreaks (1.5 hrs)
- Cleaning and Disinfection (1.5 hrs)
- Vaccination (1 hr)
- Designing an Effective Intake Program (1 hr)
- The Importance of Daily Rounds (1 hr)
- Foster Programs (1 hr)
- Initiating a Transport Program (1 hr)
- Designing a More Efficient Spay/Neuter Program (1.5 hrs)
- Other topics by request
Workshop Fees (back to top)
Shelters will be responsible for all travel expenses in addition to the below professional fee.
Shelters are encouraged to work with other area shelters to share the expenses of the workshop.